Here are some tips that will get you a better ranking for your videos on YouTube.
Every minute 100 hours of video are uploaded to YouTube, which comes to more than 200.000 videos uploads per day. More than 100 million videos are watched daily on YouTube. YouTube is the third most popular site in the world and the second most popular search engine after Google so for this reason some YouTube marketing is worth all the efforts.
The Factors Which Determine YouTube Video Ranking
YouTube uses uses numerous factors to rank a video within is search result. These factors can be categorized into two categories: onsite and offsite factors.
- Relevant Keywords – Like with a Web page relevant keywords always rank better in search results, videos that have a relevant keywords connected to the search query will end op higher within the search result.
- Title – The video title is also an important factor in determining the ranking of your video on YouTube. Put your keyword at the beginning of the title to give your video some SEO boost.Description – The description of your video is used so YouTube can determine what your video is all about.
- Video Transcript – YouTube can’t see what your video is all about so giving your video a transcript will give YouTube an idea what your videos is all about. Adding some targeted keywords in the video transcript can help your rankings within YouTube.
- Video Tags – Tags are not very important, they obvious do help. Including a few keywords inside your tags will help YouTube understand what your video is all about.
- Thumbnails – The thumbnails creates the first impression of your video. YouTube does not do much with thumbnails in relation to ranking but potential viewers will use it to determine if the video is something they might like. It is advisable to create custom thumbnails vs. automated generated thumbnails based upon locations within your video.
- Channel Authority – More views and engagement of your audience will increase your YouTube channel authority. It is advisable to give a link to your YouTube channel from your website.
- Views and Video Retention – The number of views has a huge influence on your video and it’s ranking within YouTube. YouTube looks at how many people watched your video and if they watched your video till the end.
- Comments – If your video receives more comments then it will trigger an authority signal to YouTube. Keep in mind that YouTube is quite smart in finding out which comments are spam. If viewers of your video leave feedback on your video it means that they have enjoyed watching the video or at least have watched the video until the end.
- Subscribers – Another authority signal is triggered if people have subscribed to your YouTube channel after watching one of your videos.
- Shares – Yet another ranking factor is the number of people who favorite your video or add it to their “Watch Later” list.
- Back links – Like with your website, the number of back links pointing back to your video or your YouTube channel will determine the ranking factor.
- Thumbs Up/Down – The number of thumbs up and thumbs down votes your video gets also determine the ranking if your video within search results.